Thursday, July 15, 2010

Heights Snapshot: Gimme A Lift


Monday, July 12

3ish PM

19th Street Shopping District

Well, looky here! In the slim pocket of store front which once held jewelry maker Erica Del Gardo and, more recently, Stages home staging store, is a new shop called "The Lift." Most stores on 19th are closed on Monday (small town much, Heights?) but I stopped by anyway only to find they won't be open at all for a few more weeks. I was greeted at the door by a trio of handmade signs:

CLOSED
We will open our doors for the first time in a week or so. Please stop by!

OPENING SOON
THE LIFT
Books and other good things

and my personal favorite

Please knock for deliveries
Otherwise no peeking until we open!
Thanks, THE LIFT

No peeking. Haaa ha haha ha ha ha. Right. Of course I peeked. I didn't see enough to spoil anything- nice soft color on the walls, dark metal (I think) book cases, kind of industrial but comfortable. I am looking forward to this opening. I hope the "other good things" is lots of fun gifty items like what we used to be able to find at Tansu... I guess we'll find out in a week or so.

1 comment:

  1. Viula, I love your blog, and this entry made me really smile. Friends asked me what kind of Opening Soon signs I was having made, and replied with false bravado, Post-it Notes. But see--they worked!

    I loved meeting you today. Thanks for stopping by The Lift. And now, you can peek all you'd like! (The website isn't up and running yet, though, so no virtual peeking yet anyway!)

    Rhonda Rhodes
    The Lift

    ReplyDelete