Monday, June 14, 2010

Update: The Wax Spot

Early last month, I shared the deeply personal experience of my trip to The Wax Spot on 12th. I mentioned their lease was up and that Angelica and Christie wanted to stay in the Heights and were looking for a new place with a similar feel. I am happy to report they have found it!

Walking down Heights Boulevard with the family, I spotted their banner hanging off a little house just next door to Donovan Park. This weekend I popped in for a visit.


The space is similar to the old location in that it's a bungalow. This new house is more... intimate inside. Where the last one was a more open floor plan, this one has smaller rooms with a long hall. Maybe it's just my personal experience, but I actually liked that better. Most spas I have been to have been just that- long halls with treatment rooms off to the sides. I think it offers more privacy.


The room set up is the same as the old location but, again, the space is smaller. And, again, I think for the purposes of this business smaller = better.



One thing that has grown in the new location is the staff. Angelica has hired an esthatician, Stacy. Stacy is going to be doing facials, including microderm abrasion and acid peels. She is running a special right now, too: microderm facials for $100. If you've ever had this treatment, you know what a good deal this is. Normally it ranges from $130 to $180, depending on the spa! For $25, you can add a peel.

So, if you've been wondering where they landed, you can find Angelica, Christie and Stacy at:

720 Heights Blvd
Houston, TX 77007
(713) 621-4929

No comments:

Post a Comment