Monday, April 19, 2010

Heights Happenings: April 21- Apr 27, 2010 (Sort of)

So, there is actually more going on but these events were saved as a draft a few days ago. I am posting them because I had them, but I am about to go out of town tomorrow morning and I am not even packed yet. It's 9:30 pm. Scary! So I am pretty confident you guys can find things to do without me. *wink wink*

I won't be posting for the rest of the week. I am taking an actual vacation with my husband, so I'll be eating and drinking and thinking about my poor mother and my poor inlaws, all of whom have had to come to Houston to take care of my 2 crazy, high maintenance kids.

Hope you all have an amazing week and enjoy all the good stuff life in the Heights has to offer!

Viula
PLAN AHEAD:


Every Saturday in May: Hold A Tree Pose with the Trees

  • Samadhi Studio will offer outdoor yoga for $5 Saturdays at 10:15 am.
  • On the sunny porch of the Samadhi Gazebo, yoga practitioners can commune with the trees. Outdoor yoga offers Houstonians the opportunity to reach out to the natural environment while finding your inner strength. In this Saturday morning Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga class, teacher, Turkan Aydogmus, offers students the opportunity to embrace Houston’s complex mix of urban and natural beauty.


Saturday, May 8, 4-7 PM: Join Friends of Jaycee Park in Timbergrove Manor for the Hartman & Associates PARTY FOR A PLAYGROUND fundraiser!

  • There will be live music by the Jubilee & Bayou Banjo Bands (www.jubileebb.com), food, trackless train, face painting, balloon artist, field day games, carnival games, inflatable climbing wall, silly string arena.
  • All activities are $1-3. Also, shop for Mother's Day at the silent auction: dinner cruise on Clear Lake, night at the Houstonian, landscape design by AJ's Landscape Design, Texan tickets, Astros tickets, Houston Symphony tickets, membership to the Fine Arts Museum and much much more! Even if you don't have kids stop by and listen to music, grab a bite to eat and bid on great items.
  • 100% of the proceeds go towards the renovation of Jaycee Park.
  • Directions take 11th street to Seamist (just east of Hempstead) and turn right (north). You will see the park on your right side, at Grovewood.
  • Ileana Desalos, Friends of Jaycee Park, 713-922-6742

No comments:

Post a Comment